What Students Can Expect
- Gain valuable English experience being in a Canadian family and participating in family activities
- Learn how to take the bus to and from the Language Centre
- Assistance opening a bank account
- Three meals a day provided
- Breakfast that you make yourself
- Packed lunch
- Sit-down dinner with the family
- Private furnished bedroom with bedding and linens
- Shared bathroom
- Wireless Internet and TV access
Our host families come from many backgrounds with or without children and/or pets. Families are screened, attend an orientation, get a Criminal Records Check and have home visits every three years.
Homestay fees are paid directly to the Language Centre before the start of the term. The school then pays your Homestay family.
Placement fee: $275 (one time fee)
Daily fee: $27 per day ($1,971 CAN for the 73 days of a regular 10-week term)
Service and assistance fee: $152 per term
Damage deposit: $675 (must be paid with a credit card and is refundable - refund based on inspection during check-out)
|ESL Students at the University of Saskatchewan Language Centre||$3,073.00 for the first 10-week term
$2,123.00 for additional 10-week terms
|U-Bridge and University
Degree Program Students
|$7,673.40 for 8 months (Sept-Apr)
For Returning or New-Returning students
If you are currently living in homestay and you would like to stay in homestay OR you are not currently living in homestay and would like to live in homestay for the Winter 2020 term:
- First payment is due November 1, 2019
- Second payment is December 6, 2019
Returning or New-Returning students who are not currently living in homestay and would like to live in homestay, please go to the Language Centre Main Office (Room 232 - Williams Building).
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact the Language Centre Accommodation Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306.966.5915 .