Student Success Centre (SSC)
Get extra free help so that you can do your best in your English studies.
In the SSC, you can:
- Attend extra classes in listening and reading
- You are welcome to come to any or all of the classes.
- You don't need to sign up. Just come!
- Make an appointment for other skill areas or just to talk
- You can come alone or in a group.
- Attend special workshops
- It's best to sign up so that there are enough handouts for everyone.
Make an appointment
To book an appointment:
- Go to the Student Success Centre Blackboard page to see the updated schedule of availability.
- In the course page, select "Meet w/Dewey" from the menu items on the left.
- View the attached file (updated before 8:00am, at lunchtime, after 5:00pm)
- Send an email to Dewey with the following details:
- Your nickname
- Your level/selection
- What you want help with
- Your top 3 time choices (Dewey will choose one)
- Dewey will reply with a time that fits into the schedule.
- Feel free to invite other people to join your tutorial.
All Student Success appointments will be held in WebEx:
- Webex meeting room #928 038 645)
If you miss your appointment, you will not be able to sign up again for seven days.
* * NOTE * *
You can sign up for free extra help from your classroom teacher each week.
If you prefer private study with a flexible schedule, you can work with a qualified ESL tutor. Visit the Student Advisor to get recommendations, and then you and the tutor can arrange meeting times and payment.
The student advisor can help you with a variety of questions such as personal, health, academic, or financial issues, program policies, and transition to university.
The advisor also works with many departments on campus and organizations in the community and can refer you for appropriate help.
If you wish to take a leave of absence from your program or discontinue your studies at the Language Centre, you must talk with the advisor.
VIRTUAL ADVISING :
- Contact email@example.com to book an appointment. Available Monday-Friday mornings.
- For questions related to your study permit, contact ISSAC on campus. Available Monday-Friday mornings.