What Students Can Expect
- Being part of a Canadian family and participating in family activities
- Being taken on the bus route to and from the Language Centre
- Assistance opening a bank account
- Three meals a day provided
- Breakfast that you make yourself
- Packed lunch
- Sit-down dinner with the family
- Private furnished bedroom with bedding and linens
- Shared bathroom
- Wireless Internet and TV access
Our host families come from many backgrounds with or without children and/or pets. Families are screened, attend an orientation, get a Criminal Records Check and have home visits every three years.
Homestay fees are paid directly to the Language Centre before the start of the term. The school then pays your Homestay family.
Placement fee: $275 (one time fee)
Daily fee: $27 per day ($1,971 CAN for the 73 days of a regular 10-week term)
Service and assistance fee: $152 per term
Damage deposit: $675 (must be paid with a credit card and is refundable)
Application and Payment Deadlines
If you are currently living in homestay and you would like to stay in homestay OR you are not currently living in homestay and would like to live in homestay for the Summer 2018 term:
- Application deadline is May 4, 2018
- First payment is due May 4, 2018
- Second payment is June 8, 2018
If you apply after May 4, 2018, the entire fee will be due at the time of application if there is a homestay family available.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact the Language Centre Accommodation Office at email@example.com or call 306.966.5915 .