Fulltime ESL/EAP Program
For academic English and future University students.
- Summer 2017: June 14 to August 25
- Fall 2017: September 20 to December 1
- Winter 2018: January 3 to March 16
- Spring 2018: March 28 to June 8
|Morning Class Schedule||Afternoon Class Schedule|
|Mondays to Thursdays||Fridays||Mondays to Thursdays||Fridays|
|8:30 - 9:40am||8:30am - 10:00am||12:30 - 1:40pm||1:30 - 3:00pm|
|9:55 - 11:00am||Break||1:55 - 3:00pm||Break|
|Break||10:15 - 11:20am||Break||3:15 - 4:20pm|
|11:15am - 12:20pm||3:15 - 4:20pm|
If you miss 10 hours of class time, you will receive a warning letter.
If you miss 20 hours of class time, you may be asked to leave the program (which includes homestay).
When you arrived, you took placement tests. As a result, we placed you in the level where you will be most successful.
During the first week of classes, your teacher further assesses your language abilities. Occasionally, students are moved to a lower or higher level.
The Bridging Classes allow students to continue their advanced English studies while attending a university class for credit.
- UB1 attends ANTH 111 for 3 credit units
- UB2 attends SOC 112 for 3 credit units
- Arts & Science and Edwards School of Business award an additional 3 credit units for successful completion of UB2
- Academic credits can be applied to most undergraduate programs across campus
- 3 terms per year
Keep improving your English for academic success! In the Part-Time Program, you can learn new ideas, practice skills from a different perspective, and fulfill conditional pass requirements.
Take an extra class for writing, reading, listening, speaking, or pronunciation.
The CanTEST is an English proficiency test that is accepted by the U of S and other Canadian universities.
You can take a preparation course or write the exam at the Language Centre.